Is procrastination really about being lazy or is it deeper than that? That’s what we’re discussing on this week’s episode. We think you’ll be surprised.
WHAT WE SAID
- We discussed an article Dave found in the New York Times, titled, “Why You Procrastinate (It Has Nothing To Do With Self-Control” and gave our thoughts on why we put things off until later.
- Wendie says the main thing she puts off is house work.
- Dave says the main thing he puts off is a particular kind of paperwork and mowing the lawn.
- Listener (and Dave’s sister-in-law) Frost says, “I do what I don’t want to do first and them it’s done! Otherwise I could put it off forever” and we discuss ways that we can combat procrastination.
- Wendie references this Kristina Kusmic video
- She also references this article from Rosa Elena
- Kevin Leman’s Birth Order Book was also brought up. We might talk about this in the future. (Not an affiliate link.)
We’re running a contest exclusively in our Facebook group until August 1, 2019. Can you guess the number of screws, nails, and hooks (cumulatively) that we removed from our living room after we moved in? Submit your guess in the group here. The closest without going over will win a prize still to be determined!
Support the Show
Word of Mouth is the best way to support Because We Said. Subscribing to the podcast guarantees you’ll get the newest episode right after it’s released. If you’ve done both of those things and you’d like to do more, you can always support us on Patreon and become one of our Friendlies. Whatever you do, we truly do appreciate your support!